Search This Blog

Monday, March 16, 2020

Cell Phone Holder with Bands



A new project to use one of your scrap bands.  I seem to loose track of where I left my cell phone. I also worry I placed it on a wet surface or that someone will spill liquids onto my phone. Maybe a small child will run off with it.




So I made a little bag to hang on a kitchen cupboard knob out of the way and at eye level. I can hang it in any room or on a door knob.  Any where out of the way, safe where I can find it.



You will need a stiff piece of cardboard or a plastic sheet. I used an old plastic binder cover. Check the size of your phone. My phone is 3" x 6".  I cut 2 pieces of cloth for the back 4 1/2" x 7 1/2". For the front 2 pieces of cloth 6 1/2" wide by 5" tall. Cut the cardboard 3 1/2"x 6 1/2".












I made 1/4" seams and sewed 3 sides of each the back and the front pouches together. I turned them right side out and stitched the top of the front pouch. You can sew on your band now or hand sew it on later.





I inserted the "cardboard" into the back pouch and top stitched that opening closed.













Top stitch the front pouch to the back along each side. Line up the bottom with 1/2" pucker on each side and top stitch the bottom.











Add the band along top and any where else you would like and you are done!



For you newbies to my Blog, use the search button above and type in Bands or Tapes to find more projects for your bands, building your own simple loom and stories of my weaving adventures.  New to Tape or Band weaving?  Look up my beginners easy to use book Tape Loom Weaving... simplified on my web site www.eastknollpottery.com (yes, I am also a potter) or on Amazon.com.  Subscribe to my blog to get notice on future projects and loom building or follow me on Facebook... Tape Loom Weaving....   and Happy Weaving!

No comments: