Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Tape Loom Wrist Band



Finally finished my wrist band. Now all I need is the hooks.




Reverse side



I used very thin cotton thread. I had seen bands woven out of fine threads at my visits to the Vesterheim Museum in Iowa and wanted to do a project very fine.  This one was pretty quick and simple compared to the ones I have seen from old time Norwegians.  It was fun to accomplish.

The museum has a wonderful collection of old bands. If you can't go there, look at these bands on-line...

https://www.google.com/search?q=vesterheim+museum+woven+bands&rlz=1C1CHBH_enUS747US747&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS26Cd3NfYAhVhluAKHYjyCs8Q_AUICygC&biw=1220&bih=487



Here is the chart to set up and weave this pattern...


Don't know about Band Weaving yet? Check out my book, "Tape Loom Weaving... simplified", at Amazon.com or www.eastknollpottery.com.

Need the blank chart above?  Print out the download on this blog... http://reggiesreenactments.blogspot.com/search?q=blank+charts


Try something different... Happy Weaving!









No comments: