Search This Blog

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Blue and White Bands for Christmas gifts


I love blue and white patterns, so I made these 3 projects for gifts this year.


This narrow band was made for two projects.  A little bag for a cell phone made from an older hanky I had picked up at a used shop somewhere. The pretty little embroidered flower was already on it, so I cut out a corner so I could fold the top over and just had to add a soft cotton lining. Then I added the blue and white band for a strap.



My second project was to use a napkin with a bit of blue embroidery for a needle case. I lined it with soft cotton and attach the blue and white band for a tie.











My third blue and white project was my Blue Danube pattern to attach to a linen dresser scarf.
This one is all cotton threads. See chart below.







Thanks for checking out my blog.  You can use the search tab above for other weaving projects and patterns in this blog, along with my downloadable charts to draw out your own patterns.  If you are new to this fun pastime, check out my easy to follow book on building and setting up these historical looms, Tape Loom Weaving...simplified, available on my web site, www.eastknollpottery.com or Amazon.com.  Need some ideas?  Just check out these wonderful looms and bands.... https://www.pinterest.com/potterymom1/weaving-bands-tapes/ and https://www.pinterest.com/potterymom1/weaving-band-looms/

And Have A Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

mary said...

Do you have a draft or chart for the little blue-and-white band you wove for the first two projects? The photo is pretty clear, but as a beginning tape weaver I'm still not sure I'm interpreting all the threads correctly. Thank you!