Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Seed Savers, Iowa

On the way home from the Nordic Fest, Roger and I stopped to check out the Seed Savers Exchange in Iowa. This is a wonderful farm dedicated to saving and sharing heritage varieties of seeds.  I am so glad that farmers and greenhouses are doing well in our currently tight market.  Seems folks are becoming more aware of local farms as a source of good, nutritious food rather than anemic supermarket varieties.  And the good farmers are keeping us all going. I am sure you heard the slogan, "No Farms, No Food."

Here in Iowa, this is a lovely family operated farm.

They have events and workshops and a lovely bunch of garden.














Check out this great portable chicken coup.
And you know how I like waddle fencing and tee-pees....

Reminds me of my own Scarlet Runner Bean Tee pee above!
And... I wonder if they would be interested in selling
my little Red Birds?
My pottery birds, greenhouses, gardens
and gardeners seem to go together!

Check out my birds at eastknollpottery.com

No comments: